MAC Face & Body...


The number one question I am asked by new makeup artist is:
" What foundations should I add to my freelancing kit?!" 

With tones of products on the market we sometimes get caught up in price, hype, and packaging.  If you are shopping for your own personal makeup kit then sure, go ahead and get whatever works for you and looks pretty (shucks I do for my personal kit ). However, when it comes to your freelance makeup kit these points should not matter. You want foundations that can be used on all skin tones, skin types, and look great in video and pictures. This is why I choose MAC Face & Body. It is a light weight water based face and body foundation made for all skin types and comes in 13 shades. Face & Body comes infused with tons of emollients which will moisturize your skin (great for clients with mature or dehydrated skin). It has a light natural finish which is great for clients who don't like heavy foundations. For times that I am looking for more of a heavier coverage I add a little concealer to it on the back of my hand or on my mixing pallet (this is a good tip for wedding and photography/video makeup). I love using this foundation in my daily makeup routine because it looks so natural (I only have Face & Body on in my picture above)

Just because there are 13 shades of Face & Body does not mean that you need all 13. A good rule of thumb is to buy every other color. For example in my kit I have C1, C3, C6, N2, N5, N9, these are sufficient for my kit since I always mix 2 shades to obtain the right one. 

If your still unsure try Face & Body along with some other brands your curious about. Stores like Sephora are great because they give you product samples that you can try yourself and on your clients for feedback. Hope this helps :)
_____________________________________________________________
Leave a comment below if you have any questions or have tried Face & Body yourself and tell us what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette...

Who Wants Kissable Lips?...

Meet My Zuca!!...